Monday, January 28, 2013

10 Minute Tone Up

Health and fitness have always been important to me....but recently I have let my personal fitness take a back burner to more important areas of my life. As a new mom, I'm blessed to stay at home but I'm also transitioning into the most important role of my life! Being a wife and mommy is a great source of pride for me. I love preparing healthy, delicious food for my family, keeping the home as presentable as possible and doing what I can to save money since I'm no longer contributing to the household income. All of these ambitions combined have left me feeling frazzled, out of time and under prepared.

The biggest hit has been prioritizing my health. Not just for the joy of fitting into skinny jeans, but for the peace of mind that being in good health brings. So to that end, I've spent the past few weeks recommitting myself to making time in my daily schedule to exercise. Everyone has 10 minutes in their day to devote to fitness. While I don't have countless hours or dollars to invest in going to the gym, I can take 10 minutes to work out in the privacy of my living room. Maybe someday I'll make it to a group class {I would LOVE to try the aerial fitness craze} but for right now {when getting the chance to take a shower seems like a luxury} this will do!

I found this 10 minute tone up on Pinterest. It's touted as the tone up regime for the Victoria Secret models and I'd be A-ok with those results!

Toned arms are a girls best accessories for summer! This video provides a solid strength building routine in very little time. 

I'm also a HUGE fan of Tony Horton's P90X fitness videos. I do Ab Ripper at least once a week {disclaimer: it's not 10 minutes but it goes by fast} and it is by far the best abdominal work out I have ever done. Even when I was doing the routine 3 times a week, I never tired of the routine and I still saw results. I do have to make a few modifications due to my back injury but it's absolutely my go to work out!



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, thanks for reading!