Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dollar Store Scores



I'm feeling confessional: I'm a Dollar Store addict. I'm also partial to the Dollar Tree. As long as every product in the store is $1 or under, I'm interested! Here's a brief rundown of my favorite scores:

Children's books are a great deal, they make an excellent addition to a baby shower gift and are a wonderful way to fill up your little one's library without breaking the bank. And let's face it, most of those $10 a pop toddler books are going to get scribbled on, chewed and torn. Paying a buck for them makes their demise a little more tolerable. And on this recent trip, I even found an adorable seal shaped cold/hot compress hiding among the books. Win, win!

Another great find are Thank You card packs. These 8-10 card packs would run you around $4 at the big box stores. While some of the "artwork" on these dollar store cards are less than desirable {unless you happen to love kittens planting tulips} it IS possible to find a basic card that gets the job done {and looks good while doing it}.

My absolute favorite of all Dollar Store finds is the pregnancy test! When you are TTC {that's trying to conceive, folks} all you want to do is pee on a stick every morning. When those sticks cost $7 bucks a pop, it can really add up! In my experience, the Dollar Store pregnancy tests are just as effective as their more expensive counterparts. I had a Dollar Store pregnancy test show a positive result 8 days before the first missed day of my cycle! Seriously, I love these little buggers so much that I'm going to start making TTC gift baskets with a dozen tests and some Barry White for good measure.

Now we still have to maintain focus, sometimes everything isn't worth a buck {that's where they get ya!}. You won't see me stocking up on toothpaste or air freshener at the Dollar Store because I can get those for free with coupons elsewhere {coupon tutorial is imminent}.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I am also addicted to the Dollar Tree and also the $1 bin at Target! Thanks for sharing your finds. It's always exciting to see what you can get for next to nothing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, thanks for reading!