Thursday, January 17, 2013

Eli's 4 Months Old


Baby Eli turned 4-months-old on the 10th of this month.  I am still amazed that he is ours! He is the pure embodiment of joy. I am mesmerized by his smile, enchanted by his laugh, overwhelmed by the strength of his grasp as he holds my finger with his tiny hand. He is perfect and I thank God everyday for giving him to us as a gift and a treasure.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
James 1:17

Eli is just like his Daddy {lucky boy}. He loves to laugh and every morning he sings me a new song. But above all else this boy LOVES to have his diaper changed! He smiles and coos so much that Michael and I race to see who gets to change his diaper first.


Eli has discovered his feet and he loves to draw them up to his chest and rock back and forth. He hasn't mastered turning over yet but he has made a rather convincing attempt at crawling. Eli measured in a 26 inches long and 16.2 pounds at his 4 month well-check. This puts him in the 97% for height and the 75% for weight. Clearly, he is shaping up to be a tall Irishman with an Italian's appetite. The best of both worlds!

Eli's still sleeping in a bassinet beside our bed and we wouldn't have it any other way.  While he does take his daytime naps in his crib my heart breaks at the thought of him spending the night in his crib by himself. It's so funny to me now how I agonized over having the nursery ready for his arrival...at least it makes a wonderful playroom!


Michael Coreleone said it best, "children are the only true wealth in this world".



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, thanks for reading!