Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Clarisonic Mia


Mama Mia my face feels amazing!

Well, it's finally happened-after years of researching the Mia and wondering if it was really worth the expense (at $119 I wouldn't call this an insignificant purchase) I can finally say that it is absolutely worth the money. I was lucky enough to receive mine as a gift for Christmas from Hubs and in all honesty I don't think I would have ever purchased it for myself.  But of course that was then, in my pre-Mia days. Now I know better. Now I can attest to how wonderful the Clarisonic is and I would tell my pre-Mia self to "get thee to an ULTA" fast and furiously.


In case you haven't heard, the Clarisonic is revolutionary skin cleaning system which involves an electronic brush which provides a mirco-massage at a frequency of 300 revolutions per second. This baby is fast but surprisingly gentle! The very first time I used the Mia (after waiting the obligatory 24 hour charging period) I could feel immediate results. In fact, I felt my face in awe and wonder so many times that I worried I would break myself out by not keeping my mitts off my face. They should probably put a disclaimer on the box, it's that good!


Since I've only experienced the Clarisonic Mia, I can't compare it's effectiveness to the original Clarisonic. While the original does have an additional rotation speed, it also touts a higher price point of $195. I can't imagine that the additional speed option is worth the added expense. I've had such an enjoyable and effective experience with the Mia that if money were no option, I'd choose the Mia again in a heartbeat. 

image credit Clarisonic

Now on to some specifics:

The Clarisonic Mia must be charged for 24 hours before it's initial use and an LED sensor will indicate when the charge is complete. One caveat to this is that the LED on the Graphite model will not be apparent due to the dark color. I was surprised that this warning was not mentioned on the packaging or user guide and I even began to repackage my Clarisonic Mia for return. This was pure devastation to me. Imagine years of pining, an excruciatingly long 24 hr charging period, only to discover what I thought was a defective device! Luckily, I was able to find a review online which mentioned this particularity with the Graphite model. The Clarisonic website also has some fair and detailed reviews and provides a great comparative review of the other Clarisonic skin systems.

I especially appreciate that it is possible to purchase additional brush heads for the Mia. While the Mia does come with a one year warranty, the brush heads should be changed every three months (though I plan to stretch mine out a bit). Additionally, an extra brush head would allow for multiple family members to use the system without the risk of heebie-jeebies (technical term). Hubs even expressed interest in using the Clarisonic after seeing the results! And if your guy is anything like mine, it's hard enough to get him to put lotion on once in a blue moon, so any device that encourages better skincare while keeping it simple enough for a husband to use gets an A++ in my book.

Well, in the immortal words of Forrest (that's Forrest, Forrest Gump) that's all I have to say about that. Hope it helped!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, thanks for reading!