Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Eli's 5 Months Old!

 
Sweet baby Eli turned 5 months old on the 10th of this month. It seems like only yesterday that we were driving home from the birth center...Daddy steady at the wheel and Mama in the back seat. We always knew the old adage that "children grow so fast" but now we realize how painfully true those words are. Eli is growing so quickly, sometimes I feel like if I blink I'll miss a milestone!

Speaking of milestones, Eli can successfully turn from tummy to back and from back to tummy. I've never actually seen him do this, my little Houdini likes to roll over the minute my back is turned. Eli can also grab with both hands and has recently discovered his love of a stuffed giraffe. If Eli is having a fussy moment, "giraffe" {as we call him} can calm him like nothing else can. Eli can also anticipate playtime and delivers delightful squeals when he suspects he'll be tickled. We are so in love with this baby boy it makes me wonder if my heart would appear larger on xray!

My Dearest Eli,

Everyday I love you. Every hour, every minute, every second, I am consumed with my desire and delight in you. I wish so much to keep you shielded from the world. You are pure and innocent and my heart mourns the eventual brokenness you will one day discover. A recent tragedy has made us all the more aware of how precious you are and of how transient this life is. But rest assured my little one, my love for you will never fail! And for as broken as the world may be, the bond between us can never be broken. It is forever and always.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, thanks for reading!