Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Brain Dump: July and Other Things

Blogging seems like such a great idea until you realize that you have to make time to blog. Ain't nobody got time for that! Okay, lots of people make time for that-I'm just fine tuning my time management skills {sounds nice, right}.

I've been a busy little bee this month. I signed up as an independent consultant for the Pampered Chef and have already had my first party! If you don't know, Pampered Chef is very similar in structure to Mary Kay and the like but instead of make-up, I sell amazing kitchen goodies. This summer they have grill gadgets galore and I am quickly making my own wish list of products. I never thought I would sell Pampered Chef or really, much of anything. I hate sales. Not shopping them, that rocks. I hate feeling pressured to pressure people. Luckily, I don't have to do that! The Pampered Chef has been around since my Mama's Mama, the products are high quality and most are backed by a lifetime guarentee. I don't have to push a thing, these babies sell themselves! Still, if you would like to make your kitchen happy or have a party of your own, please let me know. I would love to pamper you! Here's my online store!

I've also spent a fair amount of time in the garden, desperate to save my tomatoes from the scorching summer sun. You see, tomatoes do best when day temps are below 90 degrees and evening temps are right around 70 degrees. You stray far from that and the plants won't put out new buds and the fruit won't develop the right sugars. Since I'm living in Texas you can guess that my tomatoes have about as much a chance as a snowball's shot in hell. Ever the optimist, I mist, I mulch, I pray. It's working for now and I'm holding on for cooler temps! I have a fair share amount of bell peppers but those babies love this heat! As luck would have it, hornworms also love my garden so I've been hand picking those dastards off daily.Really wish I had some hens to treat with these babies!





We had an amazing Family vacay to attend my sister-in-law's wedding. I'm seriously so impressed with how it all turned out. Here I was thinking Chelsea would be getting the short end of the stick and she goes and plans the perfect seaside wedding that goes off without a hitch. Well, technically SHE got hitched but that was the whole point! I'll do a post on the trip in its own right but for now here's some pictures to tide ya over!





This July also marked our 4 year anniversary! Michael is absolutely the best buy of my life. Getting married is very much like making a huge purchase, and hubs has proven time and time again to be the better deal. He consistently makes me laugh, makes me swoon, makes me believe that I am better than I often feel and he does it all with a smile on his face. Seriously, he is everything I thought I was getting four years ago and SO much more. This man has experienced more personal pain than most, overcome baggage and exceeded in so many arenas of life.  Michael has an incredible work ethic, can hold his own with the Harvard crew while staying true to his roots, he has a wealth of personal discipline and a generous heart and humble spirit. I love him more than I could ever express. I tell him often that I hope I go first, I can't even begin to imagine living without him! To celebrate our 4 years of thick and thick, we enjoyed a picnic on the Denton square before heading over to Hannah's for a fancy pants dinner. Sugar cane pork tenderloin with a whiskey and tart cherry reduction, anyone?We do need to get better at capturing our couple moments. Thankfully, A stranger offered to take this picture:



I'm still sewing away for Eli's 1st birthday, meeting with the church youth once a week and trying to keep the house some what respectable. It's a never ending battle but I'm gonna figure it out someday! Hope ya'll are enjoying the summer and beating the heat!







Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, thanks for reading!