Thursday, April 17, 2014

What's In My Toddler's Easter Basket?

As a mom, it's hard to find healthful treats to add to children's Easter baskets and I'm always on the hunt for a creative solution to the dyed dextrose shortcomings of my favorite Holy Day. This year I also needed to keep my Lent 2014 fast in mind so I wanted his basket to be as practical as possible. Here's what I came up with:


Eli is finally ready for puzzles and these Melissa & Doug wooden puzzles were the perfect find. I actually scooped these babies up at a local children's consignment store and instead of paying the retail price of $14 a pop, I purchased the pair for $10. The fact that they feature chickens and lambs is just some added icing on the cake for me. I've wanted the "Little Blue Truck" book for a while and have even given it as a gift to other toddler friends of ours but I could never justify buying it for Eli until I found it hidden behind a pile of children's books at Ross this week. It wasn't a huge discount from normal retail but I still saved $2.

While I reused the DIY Easter basket and bunny from Eli's 1st Easter, I also wanted to include some of Eli's favorite snacks- so into the eggs went pretzels and individually wrapped prunes {nature's candy, right?}. I found these adorable carrot "eggs" at the Dollar Tree years ago, packed them in my party supplies box and forgot about them. We were joyously reunited due to our massive "Clean All The Things" initiative in preparation for baby No.2 and I took the opportunity to fill one with Annie's cheddar crackers.

The bath toy was a thrift store bonus, he was a stowaway in some Easter decor I had previously purchased and I've been hanging on to him for just this occasion. I love when thrift finds meet a need so perfectly and unexpectedly!

I'm in the process of making Michael's basket-I know...baskets for spouses aren't completely typically but I just LOVE Easter and I love finding small ways to show the hubs how much he rocks my world. Some of his items haven't arrived yet and might not in time for Sunday so I'm on a last minute hunt to fill in the gaps and will post my finds in our Easter recap.

Wishing your family a joyful Easter celebrating the Risen King!


"He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee:  'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.' "

Luke 24:6-7
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, thanks for reading!