Saturday, December 5, 2015

Day 3 of the 25 Days of Christmas: St. Nicholas Day 2015





Celebrating St. Nicholas Day on December 6th is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. The tradition of exchanging Christmas stockings in celebration of the man who gave away his earthly wealth to serve the poor and broken is a beautiful way to kindle the Christmas spirit and focus on the greatest gift of the season; a love for mankind so great that God would give His only son to save us.

I like to gift a mix of "useful" and "funny" gifts for stocking stuffers.

Here's what my boys are getting this year:

Eli's stocking includes some much needed socks and underwear, a gingerbread making kit and a box of jellybeans.


Desmond will also receive socks and jelly beans but his stocking also includes these fun Abominable Snowman themed silicon finger puppets. I loved watching that cartoon as a child and I'm so thankful it is still popular today while my boy's are creating their childhood memories.



Michael also receives a stocking but no hints for him here. He'll have to wait to Sunday to find out what St. Nicholas has in store. What are some of your time honored Christmas traditions?


Pin It!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your thoughts, thanks for reading!