Saturday, December 19, 2015

Day 6 of the 25 Days of Christmas

Keepsake ornaments are a tradition in our household and every year we purchase a special ornament to symbolize the year we've enjoyed (and sometimes survived). We have a plaster bride and groom from the year Michael and I were married, a key ornament to commemorate the year we purchased our first home and a giant heart ornament the year we had Eli. We both felt like our heart for children just grew and grew the second we laid eyes on him, much like that famous scene from the Christmas classic, "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" so the heart ornament really hit home for us.








This year I wanted to make a DIY ornament to represent the addition of our Desmond. I picked up a large shatter proof bulb from the store and snipped a portion of the very first blanket he was wrapped with from the hospital. I also tucked his tiny little hospital wrist tag into the mix and I couldn't be more pleased with this simple, sweet reminder of our baby boy.





Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. so cute! I love the memories that ornaments hold :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, thanks for reading!